- The content of this website is for general information, and guidance only. NACSA are excluded from any liability for any error, omission or inaccurate material. For more specific guidance and in-depth clarification of aspects of your particular case, please contact the advisers who will assist you where possible, or signpost you to the appropriate body/organisation.
- The information on our website is deemed accurate at the time of publication. However, the child support legislation is regularly subject to change without warning, and updates are made to our site at earliest opportunity.
- Unless express permission has been granted, the content of this website may not be copied, or adapted or reproduced for display or publication in any manner. Legal action will be taken if appropriate.
- Our website may contains links to other websites. . NACSA are excluded from any liability of any content within any listed website.
Conflict of Interest Policy
We offer services at various levels, from basic telephone support to Full Client Representation. We remain vigilant to identify any conflicts of interest, which can occur on occasion.
Any conflict of interest is more likely to occur through our subscription service, as we do not record or hold details about the other party. Discussions to the helpline can often be similar in nature, so it is possible that we have spoken to the parties without realising there was a conflict of interest.
If a conflict of interest is identified, we will manage it as follows:
- Any conflict of interest is immediately notified to the Chairperson of NACSA.
- To preserve client confidentiality, all case notes are immediately locked and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised staff member. Authorisation will only be given to staff who have not communicated, by any means with the conflicting party.
- The Chairperson will consider the details of the conflict and identify if there is an opportunity to continue support to one, both or none of the parties.
- If we can provide support to both parties, each party is notified of the conflict of interest and how we believe our asssitance may be of benefit to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- If we are not able to support both parties, the retained party will be determined by the level of our involvement in each individual case. The non retained party will be notified, and where necessary any refund/partial refund of costs paid will be refunded.
- We will offer assurances that client information remains confidential at all times and no information held or known by NACSA will be disclosed to any other party