- The content of this website is for general information, and guidance only. NACSA are excluded from any liability for any error, omission or inaccurate material. For more specific guidance and in-depth clarification of aspects of your particular case, please contact the advisers within NACSA who will assist you where possible, or signpost you to the appropriate body/organisation.
- The information on our website is deemed accurate at the time of publication. However, the child support legislation is regularly subject to change without warning, and updates are made to our site at earliest opportunity.
- Unless express permission has been granted, the content of this website may not be copied, or adapted or reproduced for display or publication in any manner. Legal action will be taken if appropriate.
- Our website contains links to other websites for your assistance. NACSA are excluded from any liability of any content within any listed website.
Conflict of Interest Policy:
We offer services at various levels, from basic telephone support via the monthly subscription to Full Client Representation involving NACSA managing the client’s case entirely and dealing with the CSA directly on their behalf. We remain vigilant to identify and appropriately manage any conflicts of interest, which can regrettably occur on occasion.
Although rare, any conflict of interest is more likely to occur through our subscription service, as we hold no details of the other party. Case details discussed on the help lines can be very similar in many cases, so it is possible that we have spoken to the two parties without realising there had been a conflict
Every effort is made to prevent a conflict of interest from occurring, but if such a situation is identified, we will manage it as follows:
- Any conflict of interest is immediately notified to the Chairperson of NACSA once identified.
- To preserve client confidentiality, all case notes are immediately locked and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised staff member. Authorisation will only be given to staff who have not communicated by any means with the conflicting party.
- Discussion of the case is strictly prohibited between any member of staff having had any contact with either of the two parties.
- The Chairperson will consider the details of the conflict and identify if there is an opportunity to continue support to one, both or none of the parties.
- If it is deemed that we can provide support to both parties, each party is notified of the conflict of interest and how we believe our asssitance may be of benefit to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- If it is deemed possible to support only one party, the retained party will be determined by the level of our involvement in each individual case. The other party's subscription will be terminated if still valid, and an appropriate level of refund may be available.
- Only designated staff may communicate with the retained client. Under no circumstances may a staff member involved in any level of communication with the conflicting case, be allowed to speak or in any way communicate with the retained client
- We will offer personal assurances that client information remains confidential at all times.